Whitewater Awareness Program
Two Nights Two Days
Available Monday through Sunday May 1st - June 29th 2018
Monday through Friday June 29th - September 30th 2018
This program empowers your students to be active and safe in whitewater and swift water environments. This two day/two night adventure will encourage a cooperative and supportive team focused learning environment. There is also ample time in this program to simply play, swim and enjoy being in the beauty of nature to make unforgettable memories with friends.
This course includes;
- Two nights of camping including campfires, smores and tents
- 5-6 meals (depends on your arrival plans)
- Two days of excellent whitewater rafting
- All safety equipment
- Professional instruction
- 'Hands on' experience
- A certificate of participation
The river is never the same twice.
- What makes a river?
- Why do conditions change?
- How to tell when conditions have changed?
- How to make good decisions based on what you see
How to identify current
- Basic hydrology
- Identifying eddies
- Understanding eddy fences/lines
- Knowing when you should not attempt a crossing
- Seeing safe places in a dangerous environment
How to swim in swift water and whitewater when on boating trips (Non-swimmers will be accommodated in this portion. We love empowering non-swimming children in this environment, just let us know beforehand)
- Wearing the appropriate equipment for the environment
- Working as a team
- Knowing your limits
- Knowing the limits of others
- Defensive swimming
- Offensive swimming
- Identifying danger
- Swimming to safety
The Details of the Trip
This trip combines both of the beautiful Class III Chili Bar and Gorge sections of river to give you a complete, memorable and inspiring California rafting experience. There will be plenty of time to play and to enjoy just being outside as part of this course.
Check in between 4pm - 6pm (if you are eating dinner with us) or 4pm - 10pm if you are eating dinner elsewhere on the evening prior to your first day on the river at the River Runners site in Camp Lotus 5461 Bassi Road, Lotus California, 95651.
Check out is approximately 4pm on your second river day.
Total water time Day 1 is approximately 6 hours
Total water time Day 2 is approximately 4 hours
ALL INCLUSIVE COST:
- Minimum Group Size 12
- One adult chaperone per 8 children goes FREE
- One tent per two students provided and set up prior to your arrival
- One tent per one adult chaperone provided and set up prior to your arrival
- 5 high quality meals with beverages (see our menu here)
- Camp fire and smores
- Tax INCLUDED
- Guide gratuity INCLUDED ($20 per person)
with arrival night dinner (arrival night dinner also comes with a camp fire and smores)